See Y'all There...?

I'm looking forwards to speaking at 4 maths pedagogy events inward the coming months.

Warwick 2016
Edexcel's conference 'Excellence inward Mathematics: Into the Future' is inward Warwick on Sabbatum s July. I'm incredibly excited near this consequence because Hannah Fry is the keynote speaker. You may convey seen Hannah on TV latterly (on Horizon as well as Gogglebox!) - she is a lecturer at University College London as well as writer of 'The Mathematics of Love'. I saw Hannah talk at a Mathematics inward Action consequence a duo of years agone as well as it was outstanding - she's a vivid speaker as well as I can't hold off to run into her again.

The residue of the conference promises to last excellent, including the pre-conference dinner which looks similar fun (there's a move past times the parcel!). Delegates volition last able to direct 3 workshops, including sessions from my Twitter pals Mel (@Just_Maths) as well as Emma Bell (@El_Timbre). I'll last presenting on 'The Wonderful World of Maths Resources' - I've enjoyed planning this presentation, it's a combat dissimilar to anything I've done before.

The cost of this conference is £185 (or £220 if you lot desire to rest the nighttime before). It's worth squall for your schoolhouse to fund this, it's a skillful toll for a whole 24-hour interval of character CPD as well as because the conference is on a Sabbatum you lot won't missy a 24-hour interval of school.
Two events for H5N1 degree teachers
On Fri eighth July I'll last speaking at the FMSP's annual London KS5 Network Day. This is a pop consequence for H5N1 degree maths teachers inward London. For FMSP registered schools it's entirely £50 for 2 teachers. In my session I'll last focusing on resources as well as ideas for teaching the nitty-gritty H5N1 degree modules. There volition also last sessions on statistics as well as mechanics as well as an update on the novel H5N1 degree (by as well as thus nosotros volition convey seen specifications as well as sample material).
Tom Bennison, Tom Wicks as well as Ria Symonds are hosting the East Midlands Key Stage v Mathematics Conference in Nottingham inward the summertime holidays. It's on Tuesday ninth August as well as costs a mere £25. I'll last speaking near H5N1 degree resources as well as I'm looking forwards to tending the other sessions too.
LIME Oldham
I'm real impressed past times Lindsey Bennett's vivid run supporting maths teachers. Her costless #mathsconf2015 - my session at LIME volition last similar only I'll last focusing on novel GCSE topics, including choice methods to notice the nth term of a quadratic sequence as well as solve a quadratic inequality. Come along to explore as well as evaluate which methods as well as explanations run best.
There are a let out of other events happening over the coming months, including here) as well as La Salle's Complete Mathematics Conference inward Leeds on 25th June (I'm disappointed that I won't last able to attend - these conferences are ever good).

All upcoming conferences for Britain maths teachers are listed here. Have I missed anything?

See you lot at an consequence soon!








Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel