A Degree Resources

At #mathsconf5 I delivered a workshop entitled 'Resources for Teaching Maths at AS Level'. I thought it mightiness hold upwards helpful to portion highlights from that presentation here. I'm going to separate my ideas into 2 separate posts - inwards today's postal service I'll listing recommended sources of Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources. In my adjacent postal service I'll utter over some ideas on how to construction Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree lessons, how to operate resources as well as how to organise as well as portion resources.

Here's the slides as well as handout from my conference session.

My Top 10
In my workshop I talked through my favourite sources of Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources. I narrowed it downwardly to ten, but in that place were many to a greater extent than I wanted to include.

1. Solomon Worksheets
I tend to operate extracts from Solomon worksheets for starters, plenaries or extension work. For example, if I've taught quadratic inequalities hence the interrogation below makes a overnice starter interrogation inwards the adjacent lesson:
Solomon worksheets come upwards amongst rattling clear worked solutions hence you lot could also give these worksheets to students for independent exercise at home. It's non helpful when teachers tell their students to do ongoing independent report but don't supply (or indicate them inwards the direction of) suitable exercise questions.

You likely direct maintain these worksheets on your network at school, if non hence they tin hold upwards purchased here.

2. Activities from Susan Wall
Susan Wall is considered the queen of rich tasks at Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Level. Some of her resources are on Integral, which I'll utter close inwards a infinitesimal - but some other expert agency to discovery her cloth is to search for 'Susan Wall' inwards the National STEM Centre eLibrary.

Have a larn at the interrogation below. It may solely accept you lot a minute, but it's an first-class interrogation for students who discovery this notation tricky (plus anything that involves graph sketching is worthwhile).

I also dearest Susan Wall's integration activity below. Again, this is bully for getting students to intend rather than simply follow procedures.

3. Integral
Every schoolhouse should direct maintain a subscription to integralmaths.org. Provided yesteryear the MEI as well as FMSP, it's an extensive collection of notes, activities, worksheets as well as assessments for every Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree module as well as seek out board. The indices maze below is simply ane instance of MEI/FMSP cloth - there's a huge diversity of resources on Integral hence it's worth spending a hateful solar daytime inwards the holidays exploring.

This guide provides detailed data close the content of Integral. Another instance of an Integral activity is shown below. I dearest this activity!
4. TES - SRWhitehouse
There's loads of Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources on TES - my favourite contributor is Susan Whitehouse. I operate her resources inwards almost every lesson. I discovery her materials especially useful when instruction C3 as well as C4 - you'll discovery lots of links to these inwards my A2 resources library.

Her indices activity (extract below) is excellent. I await that most people operate this when instruction indices at Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree or GCSE, but it also makes a helpful starter inwards a lesson on differentiating expressions amongst negative as well as fractions indices. Question half dozen as well as vii below frequently stimulate confusion for students - they desire to write both equally 2x-3.
The logs activity shown below is some other instance of a Susan Whitehouse activity that I operate regularly.
5. Teachit Maths
Teachit Maths is a bully website for Key Stage iii as well as GCSE. PDF resources are available for free. Their collection of Key Stage v resources is growing. I don't frequently operate card-based activities but I do similar their log dominoes. I've used them earlier as well as they worked well.
I similar this Pairs of Lines activity besides - it would piece of employment inwards both a Higher GCSE lesson as well as inwards an AS coordinate geometry lesson.
6. Mathematics Assessment Project
The materials of the Shell Centre) remind me of the Standards Unit materials (more on that inwards a minute). They supply well-designed tasks for formative as well as summative assessment. Although these materials are designed for the United States curriculum, there's enough of first-class resources for Key Stage 3, iv as well as 5. There's 2 lessons that I especially like: Sorting Equations of Circles 1 as well as Sorting Equations of Circles 2. I frequently operate the 'Going circular inwards circles' poster chore (solution shown below). I operate this when I've simply taught students the equation of a circle - instead of giving them a textbook exercise, I give them this grid on A3 paper. Working inwards pairs, they direct maintain to identify diverse equations of circles on the grid.
The 2nd circles lesson is also total of first-class tasks - an extract is shown below.
7. CMEP
We're rattling lucky that the Cambridge Mathematics Enhancement Project - an initiatory to prepare Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources - is currently producing loads of fantastic novel material. If you lot desire to access these resources spell they're nevertheless nether evolution hence you'll demand to register amongst CMEP (although some materials are currently available through NRICH). It won't hold upwards long though until the total collection of CMEP resources are made available to all. Some of their materials are enrichment problems for high attainers, but there's also fluency exercises as well as scaffolded tasks. For instance I similar this 'Logarithm lattice':
as well as this 'Integral chasing' activity:
8. Don Steward
I can't utter close resources without recommending my hero Don Steward. His weblog (Median) contains rich tasks for xi - xvi twelvemonth olds, but many of his higher halt GCSE resources are suitable for Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree too. Topics include algebra, quadratics, trigonometry, sequences, surds, indices, cubics, graph transformations as well as coordinate geometry. An instance is his activity 'geometric series, some amongst surds' which was designed for the novel GCSE but is suitable for C2 (Edexcel).
I've already blogged close his 'one wrong simplification' tasks which worked brilliantly on Year 12 induction day.
And here's some other typical Don Steward chore - this ane is on cubics:
9. The Standards Unit
We all know as well as dearest the "Improving Learning inwards Mathematics" (or Standards Units) resourcesThere's a expert alternative for Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree that are good worth exploring. In the yesteryear I've e'er gone instantly for the resources at the back, but late I've discovered that the lesson ideas as well as questioning prompts are also incredibly helpful.  Here's an instance from Matching Functions as well as Derivatives:
10. as well as #mathsTLP
The libraries at resourceaholic.com comprise hundreds of links to hand-picked Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources. My AS Core library is e'er the commencement identify I cheque when planning a C1 or C2 lesson. Resources are grouped yesteryear topic. The extract below is from a 'Fun Sheet' (I can't discovery a re-create of the master copy mass it came from) - it's a lovely activity for simplifying elementary trigonometric expressions earlier coming together trigonometric identities.
On my weblog you'll also discovery lots of Introducing Differentiation, Algebraic Division, Radians, Logs as well as Factorising Harder Quadratics. I frequently characteristic Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree ideas inwards my Gems posts besides - here's ane from John Smith.
Finally, #mathsTLP is every Dominicus eve 7pm - 8pm. This is a Twitter chat inwards which lesson ideas as well as resources are shared. Join inwards to inquire for assist or offering ideas. This is the form of matter you lot mightiness tweet:
More sources
I used to intend that in that place weren't many Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree resources around, but it turns out there's enough out there. Every schoolhouse needs a difficult working Key Stage v Coordinator to come upwards into schoolhouse during the holidays as well as pass a hateful solar daytime or 2 downloading as well as organising resources! I'll tell to a greater extent than close this inwards my adjacent post.

There were lots of websites that I didn't get upwards inwards the listing to a higher identify that should definitely hold upwards on your radar. If I'd had longer than l minutes for my workshop, I'd direct maintain included the websites listed below (and many more!):
  • MathedUp! - lots of first-class Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree links including activities, PowerPoints as well as videos.
  • next post volition characteristic to a greater extent than ideas for instruction Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 degree maths.





Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel