5 Maths Gems #63

Welcome to my 63rd update from the Blue Planet of Maths EduTwitter. This is where I percentage to a greater extent than or less of the latest ideas in addition to resources for education maths.

I don't know almost you, precisely my kickoff calendar week of term felt similar a month! The summertime holidays instantly look similar a distant memory. The start of the schoolhouse twelvemonth is ever exciting precisely exhausting... how long until one-half term?!

1. Corbett Maths Revision Cards
The vivid John Corbett has been difficult at run producing a fantastic laid of revision cards for Higher in addition to Foundation GCSE. These cards are designed for the novel GCSE specification in addition to tin hold out ordered here. On the dorsum of each bill of fare you'll uncovering QR codes linking to revision videos in addition to practise questions. The feedback on Twitter has been splendid - people dear these!
2. Pythagoras in addition to That
Thanks to @GuideCalculator for sharing a GCSE revision website: pythagorasandthat.co.uk. This website is real visually pleasing! There are loads of overnice graphics that I'm going to borrow for lessons.
3. Pi Display
I stumbled upon a Pi display. It's 1000 digits hence would hold out 27 metres long if y'all used the whole thing! When I tweeted almost this, @PeterHTodd shared his πthon classroom display. It's π to 314 decimal places - he recites it on Pi day!

4. Year seven Assessments
The resources from the White Rose Maths Hub are incredibly helpful. I wrote almost the Schemes of Learning inwards Gems 58. My boss late asked me to write an assessment for Year seven in addition to I was pleased to encounter that White Rose Maths Hub cause got already made 1 that I tin borrow. Their assessments for principal in addition to secondary are here. The collection is growing hence do follow them for updates.

This query is taken from their Year seven Autumn Paper A:

5. New Pixi Website
I'm pleased to encounter that superstar TES resources maker Gems 58. It's worth taking to a greater extent than or less fourth dimension to explore her resources, which are all free. Her collection is growing - for illustration she is producing a laid of intervention booklets which I'm certain many schools volition uncovering helpful.
Update
I've been dorsum inwards the classroom since Monday. I already cause got lots to verbalize almost - lookout adult man out for hereafter weblog posts almost my folder experiment amongst Year 11, my launch of Times Table Rock Stars, in addition to how I'm coping amongst the mark workload for the 31 students inwards my Year 12 class.

I actually promise to encounter all of y'all at #mathsconf8 inwards Kettering inwards iii weeks. There are to a greater extent than or less splendid workshops lined upward - banking concern lucifer out the choices here. I'll hold out presenting on to a greater extent than or less novel GCSE topics - if you're education Year 10 or xi this twelvemonth hence do come upward along.
I'm actually smashing to launch my #christmaths16 effect precisely a venue is keeping me waiting... Watch this space! 
Did y'all grab my latest post? I wrote almost classic maths resources - it's been 1 of my most pop posts ever.

Also, banking concern lucifer out the new serial of posts on TES almost the specifications in addition to resources for the novel GCSE.

If you're a fan of geeky stationery hence you'll dear the novel Back two Skool make from Dunelm - it's real affordable too! 


I'll larn out y'all amongst this query from Brilliant which mightiness hold out helpful when education angles to Year 7. Can y'all spot the shortcut?








Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel