5 Maths Gems #42

Hello together with welcome to my 42nd gems post. This is where I portion or together with therefore of the best pedagogy ideas I've seen on Twitter.

1. Resources
To start, a few novel resources that y'all powerfulness non cause got seen.

Miss Norledge (@MissNorledge) drew inspiration from a Maths Feast problem to brand iii coordinate geometry problems of her own. These lovely 'Triangle Regions' tasks are suitable for GCSE students or Year 12s.

The clever folks at MathsPad exceed on to arrive at fantabulous resources - this Always/Sometimes/Never True activity for Fractional Indices is excellent. The solutions furnish really helpful explanations too. I've added this to my resource library.
Here's or together with therefore other slap-up novel resources from MathsPad - How many ways tin nosotros write 1 million? These are fantabulous activities for consolidating cognition of indices together with measure form.


Check out mathspad.co.uk for to a greater extent than fantastic resources. And if you're on Twitter, Nicola (@MathsPadNicola) together with James (@MathsPadJames) are good worth following.

2. Enrichment for Sixth Form Mathematicians
Thanks to Graham Colman (@colmanweb) for sharing his listing of Maths Beyond the Curriculum activities. This listing is written for Year 12/13 - it would hold out specially useful for a educatee who intends to study maths at university. It could easily hold out adapted for other twelvemonth groups too. Here's an extract:
3. m4ths.com
Steve from m4ths.com teaches at Thomas Clarkson Academy inwards Wisbech. He has been sharing or together with therefore bright novel resources recently. Here's a few examples.

His 'A flat page too.

4. Target Stickers
Target grades are an obsession inwards many schools. I'm non a fan. I tell my students to aim for top grades regardless of what their target says. After all, targets are largely based on sweeping generalisations together with dodgy data.

Most teachers (myself included) are regularly required to study on progress against targets. I similar the sticker sentiment below from Charmayne Bailey (@MissBaileyMaths). The scale makes it actually clear to students where they stand, what their minimum target flat is, together with where they're heading.
5. GCSE Revision Ideas
I dear this sentiment from Mel (Some Things I've Tried inwards which I shared or together with therefore novel pedagogy ideas I've been trying this term
  • In Case You Missed It... in which I shared or together with therefore ideas together with resources that cause got been good received on Twitter
  • Five to Follow #ff in which I recommended 5 creative maths teachers to follow on Twitter.
  • I enjoyed participating inwards the minute Maths Journal Club chat - y'all tin read a write-up of the give-and-take here.
  • I used the fractions activity below amongst my Year 7s (I starting fourth dimension featured this activity inwards my post Thoughts on Teaching Fractions). I was quite taken aback past times how revealing this chore was - it uncovered or together with therefore serious misconceptions.
  • Ticket sales for my exciting Christmaths Party are going well.  There's alone 25 solar daytime tickets left together with therefore mass now! It's going to hold out a fantastic consequence - come across christmaths.weebly.com for details.



    Iklan Atas Artikel

    Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

    Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

    Iklan Bawah Artikel