5 Maths Gems #53

Welcome to my 53rd gems post. This is where I part 5 maths teaching ideas I've seen on Twitter.

1. Games
In Gems 51 I wrote well-nigh the bright game Is this prime? from @christianp. My colleague Greg currently holds the Glyn Maths Faculty tape inward this game (51 - later a lot of practice!). We're a competitive bunch as well as we'd all dear to rhythm out him! This calendar week to a greater extent than games bring been shared on Twitter, for the entertainment of both maths teachers as well as students.

Hannah Fry (@FryRSquared) shared guessthecorrelation.com. In this retro-style game players bring to approximate the correlation from a serial of scatter graphs (between 0 as well as 1, where ane is perfect positive correlation). I'm amend at this than the prime number game! I powerfulness purpose it when I adjacent learn S1 to add together a flake of excitement to my PMCC lesson...

Bodil Isaksen (@BodilUK) shared the quick game 'How Well Do You Actually See Shapes?' inward which yous bring to selection regular polygons. Have a become - come across if yous tin learn sum marks.
Julie Morgan (post as well as Tom Bennison's (@DrBennison) follow-up post.

Finally, this English/US grade/year classification (created past times Kaplan as well as shared past times @AceThatTest) is helpful. I sometimes discovery it difficult to navigate U.S.A. resources websites (like the first-class Mathematics Assessment Project) because I don't know historic menstruation equivalences. I too read a lot of American blogs, as well as thus this volition last useful for hereafter reference.






Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel