#Mathsconf6

After every maths conference I could weblog for hours almost all the materials I learnt, exactly I'll endeavor to perish along it brusque today.

On Fri morning time I got the develop upwardly to Peterborough for the outset coming together of AQA's novel Maths Expert Panel. It was nifty grouping of people together with a actually constructive day. I await forrad to the adjacent meeting. Afterwards I had a lovely dinner at the hotel amongst Julia, Danielle together with Nikki. We together with thus headed to the pub for the pre-conference drinks. It was nifty to reckon thus many people at that spot - I actually enjoyed coming together novel people together with catching upwardly amongst all the regular conference-goers. Emma, Siobhan together with I got dorsum to the hotel before long after midnight.
On Sabbatum morning time nosotros headed over to the conference after a squeamish breakfast. I was much to a greater extent than chilled out than I unremarkably am. Because I didn't run a workshop at this conference I wasn't nervous, together with I wasn't lugging some my laptop together with handouts, thus I felt real relaxed.

The conference started amongst a wonderful surprise - Julia had an absolutely incredible cake made for me to celebrate my 50th gems post. I'm overwhelmed yesteryear this generosity together with thoughtfulness together with I am thus grateful to Julia, my Twitter friends together with my weblog readers. The attending to especial on the cake was amazing, including footling icing versions of puzzles together with resources, a to create listing together with a laptop. I was a fleck distressing when I saw the beautiful cake cutting upwardly afterwards on exactly I was pleased to acquire to swallow a slice - it was delicious. Thank you lot to whoever saved the laptop for me!
Speaking of cakes, every bit commons all the entries inwards the cake contest were awesome. Have a await at the tweets on the hashtag #mathsconf6 for pictures.

I loved Rob Smith's fantabulous Tuck Shop - every effect should convey one!
I likewise enjoyed the Tweet Up at lunch.
Well done to Miguel for winning my lowest unique positive integer contest (2 was the winning number!) together with good done to Megan Guinan for completing her Pringle construction!
I won't acquire into nifty especial almost the sessions I attended, exactly hither are a few highlights:
  • Pete Mattock delivered an fantabulous session on conceptual agreement of maths. He made me intend differently almost pregnant figures. His run on directed numbers together with fractions was actually interesting. His slides are here.
  • I real much enjoyed Ben Stafford's session on assessment. We did a useful practise inwards which nosotros marked some examination questions together with compared our decisions to AQA's. We likewise looked at how examination questions are written. I especially liked the inquiry pictured below which originated from Duncan Carr, a instructor from Midlands. Ben showed us how this inquiry was turned into an examination inquiry - it's interesting to reckon the precision of linguistic communication used inwards external exams.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel