5 Maths Gems #64

I haven't written a gems post service inwards a long time! I've been likewise busy at work. So I've got a big listing of resources in addition to ideas from Twitter, plenty to hit amount 3 or 4 posts. Let's brand a start...

1. New GCSE Resources
Teaching novel GCSE? Edexcel direct keep come upwards to our rescue yesteryear launching a gear upwards of resources for novel GCSE topics. There's loads of useful stuff hither including worked examples, exercises alongside answers, in addition to extension material. Sixteen topics are covered include functions, iteration, Venn diagrams in addition to geometric progressions.
Extract from 'N15 Bounds (Foundation in addition to Higher)'

2. Fractions Task
Thanks to @MaxTheMaths for sharing this lovely fractions task. This is taken from Buzzard Publishing's Arithmekit Bundle (@BuzzardPublish). Check out CanDoMaths.org for to a greater extent than resources similar this.
3. MathsFrame
It's been a long fourth dimension since I concluding taught Year 7. Now I've got a depression attaining Year vii cast I'm going to start adding lots of novel resources to my resource libraries (for representative I've of late added house value in addition to addition). With my Year vii cast inwards mind, resources from mathsframe.co.uk (@Mathsframe) direct keep caught my eye. There's over 200 gratuitous resources hither - they're aimed at head schools exactly secondary teachers may honor them useful too.
Extract from Year half dozen fractions assessment

4. Inspect the Spec
Craig Barton has been writing a swell gear upwards of 'Inspect the Spec' posts on TES. If you're didactics novel GCSE, you'll honor these posts helpful. They comprise data near what's inwards the GCSE specification (what's changed in addition to what's the same) along alongside recommendations of TES resources. 

5. Number Line
Megan Guinan (@MeganGuinan1) start tweeted near this tool ages ago, exactly it's taken me a piece to honor a exercise for it. I of late used the zoomable issue line from mathsisfun.com to assistance explicate decimal house value to my Year 7s. Now I realise it volition move useful for quite a few topics. My Year 7s were 'wowed' yesteryear it in addition to asked me to drib dead on zooming inwards (forever!). Then they realised it could also zoom out to present actually big numbers. It's ever swell to encounter kids getting excited yesteryear numbers!

Update
In representative yous missed them, hither are my most recent posts:

I've straight off sold one-half the tickets for #christmaths16. There's however threescore tickets left exactly comport inwards hear that the start threescore tickets sold inwards alone nine days in addition to hence I recommend that yous majority straight off in addition to hence yous don't immature lady out! Visit christmaths.co.uk for to a greater extent than information.

I'll move out yous alongside this lovely film from an quondam maths textbook. Thanks to @john_overholt for sharing this.
The XXth Century Arithmetic published inwards 1903




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel