5 Maths Gems #39

Hello as well as welcome to my 39th gems post. This is where I part 5 maths teaching ideas I've seen on Twitter. This volition survive my final post of the summertime holidays - I've been a busy blogger this summertime simply lesson planning takes priority this weekend. We all know how manic things larn at schoolhouse inwards September.

1. Bojagi
I'm excited virtually this. Dave Radcliffe (Gems 35) simply he intends to alter the moving-picture present every calendar week or fortnight, for event to display information virtually revision session, star students as well as hence on.

5. Statistics prompts
Whilst planning my start S1 lesson of the year, I stumbled upon these lovely graphics. These volition brand vivid give-and-take prompts to larn students thinking virtually the reliability of statistics.
My colleague Lizzie (@MissStokesMaths) ever tells her students that they take away maintain to a greater extent than than the average publish of legs! Another swell give-and-take point.

The novel GCSE specification requires students to sympathise the departure betwixt correlation as well as causation. Amir (@WorkEdgeChaos) shared this extract from the marketing fabric of a cheeky solicitor - a swell event to part alongside students:
Update
Since my final gems post I've written 2 posts: Icebreakers and Multiple Choice Questions. I besides made a resource for finding the slope of a curve, a theme on the novel GCSE specification.

This calendar week saw the start ever #mathsjournalclub chat. It plant a fleck similar a mass club. We discussed an article virtually students' agreement of functions. The chat was a success as well as I await forwards to the adjacent 1 inwards a yoke of months - follow @mathjournalclub for details.

Speaking of Twitter chats, #mathsTLP returns on Sunday. This is where nosotros part ideas as well as resources for lessons inwards the calendar week ahead. If you're novel to Twitter, delight bring together inwards - you're real welcome. Here's how:

Finally, if you're a fan of @solvemymaths' Maths Mr Men (everyone is!) as well as hence you'll dear these vantage stickers. L Needham (@luby_lou99) has made this template which tin move survive printed onto these stickers. Great stuff.
Picture from @mrprcollins



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel