A Tour Of Resourceaholic.Com

There's a lot going on hither on resourceaholic.com. I thought it mightiness travel helpful to pose out a guide to assistance novel visitors discovery their means around.

Resources
My resource libraries tin travel accessed using the tabs at the top of the page. I update these libraries whenever I discovery a especially goodness complimentary resource. I also produce regular maintenance to take away broken links. I promise that my libraries assistance to cut teachers' workload past times giving them quick, tardily access to goodness resources.

The most visited page is Algebra which lists algebra resources for Key Stage 3 as well as 4. The resources are grouped past times topic.

It's a shame that my Core A2 page doesn't larn to a greater extent than visits - at that spot aren't many online banks of Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grade resources as well as I intend there's some actually useful materials here. I travel it all the fourth dimension when I'm planning Year thirteen lessons. In 2 years it has exclusively had 7,000 visits (compared to 42,000 for the algebra page) which suggests that most Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grade teachers either don't know most it or don't need it.

Posts
I've published 173 weblog posts thence far, averaging 7 a month. Browse through my blog archive.

My top v weblog posts (based on the issue of views), are:
  1. Tricks as well as Tips 1: HCF 
  2. Ideas for Teaching Circle Theorems
  3. Five things you lot mightiness non know most the novel GCSE content #1
  4. Teaching Indices
  5. Words of Wisdom: Teaching Foundation GCSE

If you lot haven't read Ideas from Shanghai then delight produce own got a look. I wrote it at a fourth dimension of much opposition (on Twitter, at least) to Maths Hubs.

My favourite weblog post - because I enjoyed writing it thence much - is The Joy of Planning. I wrote it at a fourth dimension when some prominent bloggers were suggesting that teachers should deliver scripted lessons.

Most of my posts are most ideas as well as resources that you lot tin travel inwards the classroom only sometimes I write persuasion pieces, for lawsuit my post Worries is most recruitment concerns as well as curriculum change. Occasionally I write posts that aren't maths-specific, for lawsuit my posts High Expectations as well as Behaviour Management for Beginners.

If you're an Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grade instructor as well as thence you lot mightiness savour my posts A Level Reforms: First Thoughts, Bridging the Gap to Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Level as well as Kicking off Year 12. I also own got a issue of posts most Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grade resources as well as topics.

Gem Awards 2015 where I shared some highlights. I'll travel writing Gem Awards 2016 shortly to grade the instant anniversary of my blog.

Some of my weblog posts comprise collections of resources, including Stretching Practice, Higher GCSE Revision as well as Multiple Choice Questions.

My post Open Evening provides ideas as well as resources for opened upward evenings, Enrichment provides a listing of in-school speakers as well as Favourite Problems provides links to work solving websites. I own got a issue of Teaching Trigonometry as well as Long Live Stem as well as Leaf) as well as posts most Factorising Harder Quadratics as well as Algebraic Division).

Information as well as Support
.com provides data for maths teachers including conference listings, Twitter hashtags as well as links for primary teachers. These pages tin travel accessed through the 'extras' bill of fare on the right-hand side (this isn't visible on the mobile site).
I desire my weblog to travel a primary root of back upward for teaching the novel GCSE specification thence I've worked difficult to get together together resources as well as back upward on this real life graphs, tangents as well as areassequences, inequalities and quadratic graphs.

On a light-hearted note, my pages Mathsy Gifts as well as Words to Avoid always heighten a smile.

Spin-offs
post.

Another projection was my Misconceptions website. The thought was that people ship me photos of educatee misconceptions which I collate as well as publish. This would travel useful for novel teachers, for lawsuit if it's your commencement fourth dimension teaching indices you lot tin hold off at all the indices misconceptions to assistance you lot project design effectively. People sent me loads of nifty examples only I had to surrender on the projection really early because it's impossible to piece of work part-time, woman raise 2 children as well as run 3 websites! It could travel automated (ie people could upload photos directly) only I don't own got the fourth dimension or expertise to brand that happen. If anyone wants to own got command of this projection I'm happy to travel past times it over.

Another projection involved pulling together collections of problems relating to specific topics - for lawsuit a gear upward of problems that involve Pythagoras' Theorem. There's v sets here and I promise to brand some to a greater extent than over summer.

Since I started writing resourceaholic.com I've been involved inwards organising and/or speaking at diverse events - you lot tin encounter a listing of my achievements as well as engagements on my About Me page.

Updates
If you'd similar to travel along up-to-date amongst my blog, you lot tin subscribe past times electronic mail using the 'Follow past times Email' box on the right-hand side. Once you've confirmed your electronic mail address, you'll have an electronic mail whenever I pose out a novel post. I currently own got around 200 subscribers.

Alternatively you lot tin similar my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter. I'm on Twitter a lot!

The bulk of my audience is from the UK of Britain as well as Northern Republic of Ireland only I produce own got a few international readers too, especially from the US.

I promise this has been a helpful introduction to what you lot tin discovery on resourceaholic.com. I'm happy to respond whatsoever questions - delight tweet or email me, or comment below. I'm also happy to own got requests for weblog posts (but delight don't inquire me to promote products!).

Thanks for reading!


A cake to celebrate my 50th gems post
(with cheers to @tessmaths as well as my lovely Twitter friends)


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel