5 Maths Gems #47

Hello as well as welcome to my 47th gems post. This is where I part 5 maths teaching ideas I've seen on Twitter.

1. Don's Multiple Choice
I oft write close Don Steward's resources - it's worth checking his weblog every at in i trial as well as and thus to run across what he's added. This calendar week I was browsing his 'practice as well as quiz questions' weblog (which is split upwards to his primary blog) when I noticed that he has started to hit fantabulous sets of multiple alternative questions - here's an example:
 He has also produced unopen to lovely 'odd i out' activities:
Both types of action would operate amongst technologies such every bit Plickers or Quick Key. Multiple alternative questions are making a flake of a comeback at the instant - for to a greater extent than sources, run across my transportation 'Multiple Choice Questions'.

2. Inequality Question
I actually similar this inquiry from Steve Blades (@m4thsdotcom). Ask your students for the minimum as well as maximum value of abc to banking concern agree their understanding of inequalities as well as integers.
I'll role this amongst my Year 11s - many of them struggled amongst the inquiry below inward their mock GCSE, which suggests a lack of substitution understanding of inequality symbols. 
3. Math Wall of Shame
Thanks to Megan Schmidt (Starters as well as Progress Tests for the novel GCSE. 

Update
My post Five things you lot mightiness non know close the novel GCSE content #1 was good received. I promised a 2nd transportation amongst 5 to a greater extent than facts close the novel GCSE... I'm working on it precisely I intend I've establish unopen to discrepancies betwixt bear witness boards that I'm investigating. Watch this space!

There's been 2 announcements since my final gems transportation that you lot mightiness survive interested in. The kickoff is that the appointment as well as venue has been laid for researchED Maths as well as Science. It's on Sat 11th June inward Oxford. I intend this volition survive a fantastic event. I bring to attend a marriage reception inward Kent that evening so I'll bring to locomote out early, precisely volition definitely survive at that spot inward the morning. Tickets are probable to sell out quickly.

The 2nd statement was regarding novel tests for times tables. We all concur that fluency inward times tables is vital (as is conceptual understanding of multiplication) precisely at that spot is disagreement over whether to a greater extent than Key Stage 2 tests are desirable.
It's also worth noting unopen to other alter regarding testing (see above) - from 2017 Year vii maths teachers volition bring iii months to 'fix' students who did non 'pass' Key Stage 2...

It's been a hectic kickoff calendar week dorsum at schoolhouse precisely thankfully this weekend I didn't bring whatsoever marker to hit thus I had the chance to catch the fantabulous Escher exhibition at Dulwich Picture Gallery. It finishes on 17th Jan thus if you lot desire to larn as well as thus larn tickets now! The gallery store is total of mathsy gifts too.
I'll locomote out you lot amongst a prissy demonstration of Pythagoras' Theorem from mathwarehouse.com.



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel