5 Maths Gems #66

Welcome to my 66th update from the Blue Planet of Maths EduTwitter. This is where I part about of the latest ideas in addition to resources for teaching maths.

Nov is ever i of the hardest months for teachers. I'm drowning inwards workload at the instant in addition to I bet many of you lot are too. It's relentless. At times similar this I'm grateful for the Twitter community in addition to my lovely colleagues for their ongoing back upwards in addition to encouragement. I conception to write a weblog post service presently amongst about thoughts in addition to ideas on workload. In the meantime, hither are 5 slices of mathematical loveliness to cheer us up...

1. 3Blue1Brown
Thanks to ‏@johngreen for sharing YouTube channel 3Blue1Brown. I'll hold out using their Vectors video when I learn this theme inwards C4 afterwards this year.



If you lot learn logs in addition to then you lot powerfulness hold out interested inwards their video 'Triangle of Power'.

2. Classroom Display
Thanks to Clarissa Grandi (@c0mplexnumber) for sharing this beautiful classroom display 'The Faces Behind the Formulae' which she made for an Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grade classroom.

I've added it to my displays page

3. Pinpoint Learning
Last yr I featured Pinpoint Learning in Gems 45. It's a expert fourth dimension to advert this website i time to a greater extent than because most schools run mock GCSE exams inwards Nov or December. Pinpointlearning.co.uk provides students amongst personalised inquiry booklets based on bear witness results. There's a sample booklet here. You (or your students) only upload mock marks past times inquiry in addition to the website automatically produces private booklets featuring questions on the topics that students take away to run on. I'm told that students honey receiving their personalised booklets! I promise to endeavor it out amongst my Year 11s side past times side month.
Edexcel in addition to AQA mock QLA sheets are on the website in addition to you lot tin dismiss currently upload results for all iii mock papers for free during a i calendar month trial. If you lot subscribe during the lawsuit catamenia in addition to then you lot acquire an annual subscription for £300.

Follow @pinpntlearning for updates.

4. SMILE
I'm teaching an interesting Year vii course of written report this year. Having non taught Year vii for a seat out of years, I'm taking a fresh await at resources in addition to approaches. I lately rediscovered SMILE worksheets. Here are a twosome of examples:
Powers of Ten Flags
Coordinate Messages

Also, SMILE cards are available through STEM Learning - these are pretty one-time straightaway hence the character of the copies vary. I recall learning maths from SMILE cards when I was inwards Year 7. Thanks to Martin Colley for arranging the cards past times theme here.

5. Pythagoras amongst Blokus
I honey this halt displace video from ‏@JoelBSperanza.
If you lot desire to meet to a greater extent than of Joel's halt displace videos or honor out how to brand your own, cheque out his weblog post service Stop-Motion Education.

Update
La Salle accept announced about to a greater extent than dates for their conferences (including Wales in addition to Scotland for the starting fourth dimension time). I've added these to my conference listings and volition endeavor to attend equally many equally possible.

In illustration you lot missed it, my most recent post service was the tertiary inwards my serial '5 Websites You Should You Know'. It featured Jonathan Hall's websites MathsBot.com, Flashmaths.co.uk in addition to Formtimeideas.com.

I've also updated my recent post service most Corbettmaths.com. Since writing it I discovered how expert his textbook exercises are! I've institute them hence helpful for teaching Year vii this week.
Extract from CorbettMaths.com 'puzzle square. This i is for directed seat out practice.



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel