New Gcse: Pythagoras Questions

This calendar week my subdivision took a detailed hold off at GCSE sample questions for topics that are coming upward on our Year 10 Scheme of Work. This was the nearly useful affair we've e'er done inward a subdivision meeting! We used Mel's (@Just_Maths) first-class Questions past times Topic resources.

I worked through the Higher Pythagoras questions. Have you lot looked at these inward detail? It's good worth doing. The questions are excellent. They volition live on challenging for fifty-fifty our highest attainers. I ordinarily purpose a dainty develop Pythagoras problems when I instruct Pythagoras at GCSE but I intend I'm going to cause got to upward my game.

Let's accept a hold off at to a greater extent than or less of the novel GCSE questions.

Here's a 3 grade enquiry from OCR. Have a go. I intend my students would abide by this pretty challenging. They postulate to know Pythagoras together with how to operate amongst surds 'backwards' (I don't produce plenty of this when I instruct surds...).

Here's to a greater extent than or less other enquiry - this is a 4 marking from AQA. It's a neat question... Again, a dissimilar grade of challenge to what we're used to at GCSE level.
This enquiry is from Edexcel - hither nosotros cause got bounds together with Pythagoras:

And this enquiry is from OCR. It's non quite equally challenging equally the others though at that spot are a lot of steps.

Finally, here's to a greater extent than or less other enquiry from AQA. I especially similar this one.

All of these examples present that novel GCSE questions volition oftentimes combine 2 or to a greater extent than topics. Rightly so. Previous GCSE questions oftentimes treated topics inward isolation.

When you're planning your Year 10 Pythagoras lessons I recommend that you lot endeavour the residue of the sample questions. Even the 3D Pythagoras enquiry has a spin on it. There's to a greater extent than or less actually neat problems here. These questions also remind us of the notable pace upward inward challenge grade that we're dealing with. I'm trying non to panic! We cause got our operate cutting out.




Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel