5 Maths Gems #58

This is my 58th update from the Blue Planet of Maths EduTwitter. Here I summarise about of the latest ideas as well as resources for didactics maths.

1. New GCSE Revision Resources
Thanks to @pixi_17 for sharing a fantastic develop of revision resources for novel GCSE students. This good designed develop of 9 - 1 revision booklets for 4 dissimilar degree levels (eg 'Aiming for a Grade 5') has come upward inwards handy for my Year 10s this week, equally they revise for their upcoming terminate of twelvemonth exams.
2. Whack a Prime 
I honey the Is This Prime? game simply about of my students learn disheartened past times depression scores. It's quite a stressful game to play! Slow it downwards with this choice 'Whack a Prime' game from @prehmet.
3. Polygons Angles
This novel tool from MathsPad is awesome. I've seen similar tools earlier simply this is the best yet. Click 'play' below for a demonstration.

4. Key Stage iii Scheme of Work
At this fourth dimension of twelvemonth many schools are thinking nearly their schemes of run for side past times side year. I actually similar the Year seven Scheme of Learning from the White Rose Maths Hub. Schools looking to alter their approach at Key Stage iii (less 'spiral', to a greater extent than 'mastery') volition uncovering this helpful. There's primary schemes hither too.
5. Interesting Exam Questions
Did you lot especially similar whatever of the questions inwards this year's GCSE papers? Share them on Twitter! For representative this inquiry was inwards the Edexcel Linked Pair Methods ii newspaper - it volition come upward inwards handy when teaching/revising recurring decimal proofs inwards hereafter years.
This circle theorems inquiry from Edexcel Methods 1 was a flake harder than commons - there's lots to produce here! Have a become at it.
For Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 flat teachers, this MEI inquiry is actually squeamish - it was sent to me past times a pupil who got stuck on it when revising.
Update
Did you lot grab my latest posts? One was nearly my twenty-four hours at researchED Maths as well as Science as well as the other was nearly maths schoolhouse trips.

On Mon I presented at LIME Oldham, focusing on mathematical methods. My slides are here.

Because I'm an Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 flat teacher, examination stream is nevertheless inwards total swing for me. The final examination is S2 side past times side Mon - phew! I'm looking frontward to Edexcel's conference inwards Warwick on s July, I should endure far less stressed past times then!

I've got a engagement inwards heed for here. This twelvemonth it volition belike accept a slightly dissimilar format - less CPD, to a greater extent than enrichment - simply I volition hold the 'Christmas political party for maths teachers' social element. Watch this space!
Finally, I'll locomote out with you lot with this squeamish action from James Tanton that I found, amongst other interesting tasks, inwards his 9th curriculum essay.





Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel