5 Maths Gems #52

Hello as well as welcome to my 52nd gems post. This is where I percentage 5 maths education ideas that I've seen on Twitter.

1. GCSE Revision
The Easter holidays are here! Phew, fourth dimension for a rest. When nosotros provide to schoolhouse for the summertime term many of us volition start preparing our Year xi classes for their GCSE exams. I wrote a postal service 'Higher GCSE Revision' terminal twelvemonth which includes all my favourite resources exactly I'm e'er on the expect out for novel ideas. Thanks to Maria Howard (@MrsHsNumeracy) for creating a helpful booklet of 'quick grade GCSE questions' grouped yesteryear topic, amongst answers.
2. Starter Cards as well as Negative Numbers
I'm a big fan of MathsPad. Some of their resources are gratis as well as some require a subscription. It's worth following @MathsPadNicola and @MathsPadJames on Twitter.

Nicola late tweeted a link to a novel hit of starter tasks that could move used every bit starters, leave of absence slips or mini-assessments.
Nicola every bit good shared a lovely negative numbers magic foursquare activity.
In response to this, Colin Foster (@colinfoster77) shared the chapter 'Negative Numbers' from his mass Number as well as Algebra. I mean value this volition move actually useful to novel teachers when they instruct negative numbers for the offset time. I similar the multiplication foursquare action which helps students empathise why multiplying 2 negative numbers gives a positive number.
The total laid upwards of Colin's bright books tin move flora here.

3. H5N1 Level Revision
After the Easter holidays nosotros convey to a greater extent than or less 5 weeks at schoolhouse earlier examination flavor starts. I'll demand to complete education C2 as well as C4 as well as thus produce some examination preparation. If you're looking for H5N1 grade revision resources, in that place are a few at the bottom of my revision cards as well as my C2 revision relay.

Sandra from MathsBox (@mathsbox1) late tweeted a link to some novel A2 revision starters (example pictured below).
If you lot know of whatever other expert H5N1 grade revision resources delight allow me know.

4. Points
I similar 'Points Number Work' yesteryear Jeremy Denton (@Jeremy_Denton). Students are given twenty minutes to endeavor to boot the bucket every bit many points every bit possible. It's e'er worth getting students to practise these fundamental skills.
5. Primary Resources
Year vi teachers as well as parents volition move pleased to listen that Mark McCourt (@EmathsUK) has starting publishing practice papers for the novel Key Stage 2 Arithmetic Tests.

Whilst on the dependent champaign of master copy resources, I should refer some materials that were late shared yesteryear Beth Lilley (@MissBLilley).  I've never seen these booklets from New Zealand's Maths Centre earlier - there's loads of peachy master copy cloth hither thus I've added the link to my Primary Maths page.

There's every bit good some expert secondary resources here, such every bit the Geometric Reasoning booklet, as well as another bits as well as pieces that mightiness come upwards inwards handy (a Family Maths booklet and an Adult Numeracy booklet). Lots to explore!

Update
Edexcel sent out post yesteryear @Jeremy_Denton.

Booking is straightaway opened upwards for Edexcel's Warwick Conference 2016 which is on Sabbatum 2nd July. I'll move presenting on 'the wonderful basis of maths resources'. I'm thus excited virtually seeing Hannah Fry's keynote - she's brilliant! Do mass a house if you lot tin (it's £185 thus enquire your schoolhouse to pay!).

Last calendar week I hosted here.

Have a lovely Easter!
Don Steward's preferred lesson structure:
twenty minutes of teaching, forty minutes of
'practice amongst depth' as well as generalising



Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel