Student Communication Using Blogs

I've taken a few days away from posting on hither because my babe was born on Monday... But fifty-fifty though I've been a flake tied up, I've withal been able to portion final infinitesimal motivational messages alongside my examination classes using 2 pupil blogs - 1 for my GCSE class too 1 for the whole Sixth Form. In this post I utter over my experience of communicating inwards this way.

GCSE Class
I started example post).  I also posted classwork answers too links to worksheets too homework sheets inwards instance they missed a lesson or lost a homework. I industrial plant life this was the most useful expression of the weblog - my pupils never had an excuse for missing a homework!

I industrial plant life it a flake time-consuming to write a weblog post iii times a calendar week too past times the fourth dimension this course of written report were inwards Year xi I was updating the weblog less often, too my posts got shorter. To live on honest at that spot were times when I felt far likewise busy to post, merely I did persevere.

Since this course of written report own got been on written report leave, I've been posting motivational messages too final infinitesimal revision resources. I tin move meet from the hitting tracker on Blogger that my pupils own got been receiving these messages.

Sixth Form
When I took on the purpose of Key Stage v Coordinator I decided to fix this blog every bit the psyche tool for communicating alongside H5N1 marker pupils.  My schoolhouse has 200 pupils studying AS too A2 Maths too Further Maths.  Around twenty pupils subscribe to my weblog past times e-mail too I promise that pose out volition growth greatly side past times side twelvemonth (if I successfully promote it to the incoming Year 12s inwards September). It's been a real useful agency of sharing resources too tidings - for representative close trips, courses, opened upwards days too competitions.  Over the course of written report of the twelvemonth I've done an average of 3 - four posts per calendar month too so it's been less time-consuming than my other blog.

Summary
Although I've continued to utilization 'old-fashioned' forms of communication (noticeboards, handouts etc), I experience that blogging has been an first-class method for communicating alongside pupils, particularly during written report leave. Blogger - too similar tools - are real quick too tardily to use.

My blogs own got been primarily for communicating alongside pupils, different other blogs run past times my schoolhouse (like this one) which give pupils the chance to portion weblog posts themselves.

I've seen Twitter used past times other Maths Departments to communicate alongside pupils - I intend this is an first-class sentiment too my side past times side finish is to encourage my Head of Department to laid this upwards for my school.





Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel