Revision Alongside Twelvemonth 11

As this year's Maths GCSE exams are fast approaching, I idea it mightiness endure helpful to part a few of my revision resources.

My Year 11s expressed their frustration inwards trying to recollect the differences betwixt statistical graphs – especially histograms, frequency polygons together with cumulative frequency graphs. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 cardinal expanse of confusion is when to move midpoints, endpoints, course of written report widths etc. I created this for them to assist clarify these points:  GCSE Graphs Revision Summary

They besides fretted nearly which formulae they had to recollect for mass together with area. In course of written report nosotros went through this sheet - I asked them to label each formula according to whether they needed to acquire it or whether it was provided. I therefore gave them this formula summary to accept away.

In i revision lesson my Year 11s tested each other using these circle theorem revision cards from teachitmaths.co.uk. They loved this lesson together with demanded cards for every topic! I supplied them amongst the other cards from teachitmaths.co.uk, equally good equally my own mixed A* revision cards. I besides encouraged them to brand their ain cards at home.

There are many skillful revision checklists together with progress trackers available online.  I've but discovered this great progress booklet for Higher GCSE, created past times Emily Hughes who writes the blog http://ilovemathsgames.wordpress.com/.

Finally, inwards my terminal lesson amongst my Year xi course of written report I went through these ‘hints together with tips’ slides (while they ate cake, of course!). I pulled these slides together over fourth dimension from a diverseness of sources therefore pathetic for non crediting the originators of this material. It includes the rather tasteless but memorable motion-picture demonstrate below, which got a huge reaction from my class! ‘If y'all don’t similar it, don’t produce it!’ I told them. :)

Source: @mathequalslove


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel